The SharePoint book that I have been waiting for the most has finally arrived. It seems like Clinton was still president when I ordered it :), but this book was well worth the wait. Back when I first heard that Ted Pattision and Daniel Larson were teaming up to write a SharePoint book, I got pretty excited. I knew these guys would have a knock-out book for SharePoint developers, and I'm happy to say I was right.
With this book, you will learn how to:
- Build application pages and site pages
- Develop and deploy reusable Web parts to enable customization and personalization
- Exploit Windows SharePoint APIs to deploy Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX components
- Use XML and Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) to create provisioning components
- Design and implement custom document libraries
- Use Windows Workflow Foundation to create applications that automate business process
- Create Site Definitions to aggregate components and package them for deployment
- Implement Code Access Security, Trust Levels, authentication, and authorization
I hope that I get a chance to run into Ted and Daniel next week at TechEd in Orlando, to compliment them on the outstanding book. Are you going to TechEd? If so, please stop by our SharePoint Solutions booth and say hi. We'll be happy to demo our software add-ons for SharePoint, show you our training materials, talk about consulting, or just shoot the breeze. Our booth number in #254.