A couple of weeks ago the McDonald’s fast food chain, purportedly in response to a question from a curious customer, revealed the recipe for the “special sauce” in its double-decker Big Mac hamburger in a You Tube video done by its executive chef. The revelation became a media event, which, I’m sure, is a big part of why it was done. The recipe was interesting, to be sure, but the biggest surprise for me was this:
McDonald’s has an executive chef? Really?
Now, should I be so inclined, I can make my own 550 calorie Big Macs right at home.
Homemade Big Macs. Mmmm-mmmmm.
(Insert your own mental image of Andy, Opie, and Aunt Bea gathered around the table eating Aunt Bea’s homemade Big Macs.)
Once the secret was revealed, I had another realization. This isn’t really a special sauce at all. It’s just a bunch of very ordinary ingredients combined in certain proportions. The only thing that really made it special is that nobody else knew the recipe. It was a special sauce only because it was a secret sauce.
Most of us are familiar with the term “secret sauce” used in a business context.
The “secret sauce’ of an organization is a special feature or technique kept secret and regarded as being the chief factor in that organization’s success.
I got to thinking about our training at SharePoint Solutions.
Do we have a “secret sauce?”
No. But we DO have a “special sauce.” I know, because our students tell us every week.
So, in the spirit of full disclosure, here are the ingredients of our special sauce:
- Our instructors are all SharePoint experts and real-world SharePoint consultants, as well as master communicators.
- All of our courses are written in house by our own SharePoint experts out of their own experience and expertise.
- Our courses are experiential. We hold to a ratio of about 35% lecture and 65% hands-on lab exercises.
- Every course we teach includes a comprehensive training class manual several hundred pages in length – with screen shots!
- Our instructors are helpful, approachable, and invested in training YOU effectively.
- Our courses are business-focused – to help you to use SharePoint to your greatest advantage.
- Our courses impart workplace-ready SharePoint skills and real confidence in using the product. You come away with a skill – not a headache.
- Our courses are crafted to accommodate various learning styles of our students.
- The classroom experience is fun and engaging.
- We are customer-driven and customer-oriented. You’re not just another student here. You’re THE student we’re focused on.
- Our training is an excellent value.
And you can taste it for yourself by enrolling in any of our SharePoint Solutions training courses.