In response to numerous requests over the last several months, SharePoint Solutions is pleased to announce a new addition to our catalogue of SharePoint 2010 courses: Introduction to SharePoint 2010 for Server Administrators, a 3-day hands-on instructor-led course designed to give IT Professionals a jump-start and quickly bring them up to speed on installing and managing their SharePoint 2010 environment.
Introduction to SharePoint 2010 for Server Administrators is aimed at IT Professionals who are responsible for installing, configuring, designing, and administering a SharePoint 2010 environment. It is designed for a technical audience consisting of administrators, developers, web masters, and others who wish to gain basic technical knowledge about SharePoint 2010.
No prior knowledge of any version of SharePoint is assumed.The course is structured in a manner that assumes the student is an IT Professional, and comes to class with basic technical skills. Experience with SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2007 is neither required nor expected of the student. Obviously, some students who attend will already have experience with SharePoint. The instructors will make the appropriate connections for these students in the lecture, without confusing the students who are new to SharePoint.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand what features are available in each of the three SharePoint 2010 editions (SharePoint Foundation 2010, SharePoint Server 2010 Standard Edition, and SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise Edition), to help them determine which edition is most appropriate for their organization
- Understand the concepts and terminologies that are unique to SharePoint 2010
- Understand how end users work in SharePoint on a daily basis
- Learn to administer sites, site collections, and server farms
- Install and configure SharePoint 2010
- Administer site security
- Configure Kerberos security between SharePoint and external applications
- Plan and implement backup and restore procedures
- Configure and administer the Enterprise Search Service
- Configure and administer the User Profile Service
- Configure and administer the Managed Metadata Service
The discussion will include what versions of SQL Server can be used with SharePoint, the various topologies that can be used to scale up your environment, and planning considerations from a hardware perspective, all with an emphasis on recommended best practices.
The cost of the three-day course is $1895. Classes are enrolling now for Q1 of 2012.