With SPGA Free, administrators define the types of sites available for request, along with other optional parameters, such as who to assign as site collection administrators, where the site goes in your farm, and which quota template should be used. Those optional parameters can also be directed by the information completed in the request form if you choose. Your users have a place to easily fill out a form and start the process. Standard SharePoint approval workflows may be used to ensure proper approvals are obtained prior to provisioning.
This is very exciting news for SharePoint administrators. Best of all it is completely free, and you can get it installed, configured, and provisioning sites in less than an hour.
I really think this could be a real game changer for SharePoint administrators and users everywhere. Give SPGA Free a try and let us know what you think.
SPGA Free Edition Quick FAQ
- Where do I get more information on the new free edition of SPGA?
- What is the difference between the SPGA product PremierPoint Solutions has sold for years and this new free edition?
- How can I get support?
- SPGA Free has a full set of documentation, including articles, to help you in installing, configuring, and using the product - click here to view.
- What if my company requires or desires a formal support contract for this product?
- You do have the option of utilizing PremierPoint Solution's professionally staffed support engineers to receive the same level of support available with the Premium Edition of SPGA. Click here for more information on obtaining formal support.
- I'd like to use the free edition to start. What if I decide to upgrade to Premium or just want to try the premium edition out at some point?
- The installer is the exact same. The features that are active are based on your license key. So you may start with the Free Edition, and then trial or purchase the Premium Edition and simply update your license key.